Newcastle physiotherapy is a health science whose role is to allow you to regain the maximum of your physical capacities so that you can carry out your daily activities, carry out work, practice leisure or a sport, and this, according to your condition and your recovery potential. It thus promotes your autonomy while allowing you to remain active in your personal and social life.
What does Newcastle physiotherapy treat?
Back pain, sprains, dizziness, capsulitis, motor development problems in children, incontinence are some examples of problems that Newcastle physiotherapy can help treat.
In general, this discipline of health is involved in the treatment of physical disabilities that result from injuries and illnesses that can affect:
- the neurological system (brain, nerves, spinal cord),
- the respiratory system (lungs),
- the circulatory system (blood vessels) and
- the cardiac system (heart).
What are the different treatments used in Newcastle physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy professionals, Newcastle physiotherapy or physical rehabilitation therapists, may use different ways to treat you, for example:
- manual techniques;
- electrotherapy (ultrasound, laser, etc.);
- hydrotherapy (treatment in water) and
- thermotherapy (ice or heat).